Monday, August 11, 2008

Abhinav Bindra is first person who received first individual gold medal











Huree.... this is good day for all Indians because India got its first individual Olympic gold medal in 10m air rifle at Beijing.This happiness is given by our sports hero Abhinav Bindra who has succeeded in his target.
"I can't describe how happy I am,",the ever-calm Bindra explains journalists about his success"It's the thrill of my life. That's about it. It's hard to describe. I just went for it. I knew I was lying in fourth. Thankfully it went my way and I just went for it."

















"I was just trying to concentrate on shooting," he said. "I wasn't thinking of making history. I was two points behind the leaders. I was just trying to shoot good shots. I wanted to shoot well and shoot aggressively. And that's what I did."he aded
His 10.8 of a possible 10.9 on his final shot sparked loud celebrations from group of fans from India.
In this 10m air rifle Abhinav Bindra from India won gold,Zhu Qinan of china got silver and Henri Hakkinen of Finland got bronze.

No comments: